The last day of school is Thursday, May 23rd. Roosevelt will be on a MINIMUM DAY SCHEDULE. (No early bird/late bird.)
Kindergarten (ALL): 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Grades 1 & 2 8:25 a.m. – 12:55 p.m.
Grades 3-5 8:30 a.m. – 12:55 p.m.
Grades 1 & 2 10:00 a.m. – 10:25 a.m.
Grades 3-5 10:30 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
- The Spring Son Event is Friday, April 26th at 5:30 in Teddy Bear Park.
- Our Spring Fiesta is Friday, May 3 at 5 p.m! You won't want to miss the tacos, shaved ice, temporary tattoos and more.
- Enrollment for the 2013-14 school year (including incoming kindergarteners) begins on Monday, February 4th, 2013
- Volunteer forms for the 2012-13 school year are available here. Please fill out the entire packet and return it to the Roosevelt office on or after August 7th. (Please do NOT bring packets to the BUSD office; they cannot process them.) Remember, you must also have a TB test on file. The test is good for four years.
- VALET Volunteers Needed: Looking for a quick way to be more involved? Become a parent volunteer for the drop-off valet on Avon St. It's only a 20 minute commitment -- from 8:15- 8:35. You do not need to have a volunteer application on file to help out, so this is perfect for Dads or grandparents. You can volunteer just one day a week! Please contact Cathy Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to help out.
- Thanks to all of the Roosevelt families that supported our school at Island's last week. We had the #1 fundraiser again this year raising over $750.00 for our school. The support you give allows the Booster Club to fund so many good things for our children. We have just funded the Kindergarten Lunch Club which is a program that allows students to get support in social and academic skills. Making a difference for our children not only improves test scores, it promotes the goal of having our children grow to become productive members of the community.
- Flu season is here and the Booster Club is working to make our school as healthy as it can be! At our January meeting we voted to fund a case of "baby wipes", a 4 pack of disinfecting wipes and 6 bottles of hand sanitizer for each classroom at our school. It is our hope that this will provide the students with the support they need to stay healthy and keep learning.
- Thank you, Roosevelt families! Your generous donations through January to the Monthly Support Fund have set the campaign 20% above last year's donations. So far over $37,000! The Booster Club has been able to fund ongoing and new programs such as school supplies, math and reading interventions, violin and orchestra classes, field trip buses and fees and many others because of your continued support. Please remember, any monthly amount that you are able to give will greatly benefit our students at Roosevelt throughout the year. Also, your donations to the Roosevelt Booster Club are 100% deductible! For tax purposes, please use the Burbank Schools Boosters Association dba Roosevelt Elem. School Boosters FED ID # 56-2284271. If you have any questions, please email Jen Lurie, Booster Treasurer, at email@example.com.